(submitted by & photos by Gerald & Tammy Westmoreland)
Bay Creek Baptist Church was established in 1896 by Rev. Joseph Lewis Bryant, a member of the Mississippi House of Representatives (1908 - 1912). Bryant also served as the congregation's first pastor.The first sanctuary was built in the early 1900s, and was replaced in 1938 waith a sanctuary built with local heart pine lumber. The cemetery was established in 1903 and contains the remains of two Confederate Soldiers, Elijah Burt and J.F. McGrew and veterans from World War II and Korea.